- Batteries not included
Time and Place
|Dates:||From Saturday 27 December at 08:00 CET to Monday 29 December at 15:00 CET.|
|Venue:||Messecenter Aars |
|Visitors (ex. daily):||3246|
|Party Place Size (m2):||8000|
|Sound peak at stage(DB):||110|
The Party scene is like a WiLD? animal - it won't just lay down to rest, and so we're back. This time we have put together the demo event of the year packed with many new features and all the best from past years. We have pretty much thought of everything for you to have a blast, only thing is... - Batteries not included!
This was the years that a quarter of Aars city was blacked out. The Party place ate so much power, that we blew out two 25.000 Amps fuses!!! The blackout lasted 4 hours, meanwhile people began to perform live acts and sing songs
- Q: Where can I download the competition files from?
- A: Unfortunately we have not been able to find a location online that would host the files, so they have not been available for download for quiet a while. But this has changed now, and at the same time we have launch at cool new site on http://files.theparty.dk/ where you can search our archives of files and results and preview and download files.
- Q: Why are the tickets already for sale?
- A: This year we will try to sell the tickets before The Party for a number of reasons. First of all: Last year we allowed our guests to reserve tables without paying in advance. This resulted in over - booking which forced us to report that there were no more tables available. Without doubt this resulted in people deciding not to come due to uncertainty concerning going all the way to Denmark without being able to get in or not. Therefore it was an unpleassant surprise for us to find out that a lot of groups didn't show up of unknown reasons. We also feel that we, in this way, allow as many people as possible to get the exact table they want. All you have to do is to buy a ticket in advance.
- Q: How do foreingers get tickets to The Party 1997?
- A:To buy a ticket for The Party 1997 you can go to any postoffice in Denamrk or you can contact the people at Arte, who will send you the tickets... In order to get tickets from Arte you must call them at +45 38887014, where they inform you about prices, etc. You will have to send the money by snail mail. To avoid any problems please go to your bank and have them make check written to Arte. Then send the check with return address to Arte by a registered letter. The tickets will then arrive within a week.
- Q: When are the guests able to get in at The Party 1997?
- A: The Party 1997 officially opens at 08.00 CET the 27th December, but if you due transport etc. arrive before that time you can get in... This will cost you 50 dkk, which covers our extra expences for letting you in. If you arrive before the 25th you cannot be sure that we will be there, so don't!!!
- Room for max. 3500 people!
- A seperate sleeping area
- Cafeteria and kiosk will be open 24h
- Extremely powerful PA equipment and a huge, high quality screen
- LaserDisc? Room!
- Free access to swimming bath & showers!
- The Party 1997 T-Shirts will be sold.
- 55 hours non-stop activities
- 15 main compos with great prizes
- Traditional party-events like Body-Crashing and DiskOs?
- Live concert on stage
- Several conferences
- Free Party-Bowling night!
- Plus much more...
- If you want to take part in a competition you must be present at The Party during the presentation and prize ceremony
- If too many contributions are delivered for a competition a competent jury will make a selection
- All contributions can only participate in one competition
- We will copy and spread all contributions
- All contributions must be final, no bug-fixes will be accepted before or after presentation
- Compo-disks will not be returned
- PC hardware configuration: Pentium 166 MHz, 16 MB ram, SVGA by VESA 1.2 Support (VESA 2.0 with SDD/UniVbe?), Soundblaster AWE 32 or Gus Max
- Amiga hardware configuration: Amiga XX060 50 MHz, 8 MB FAST ram & 2 MB CHIP ram. Amiga productions must also work on 030 50MHz
- All entries for Amiga can be compressed with either LZX or LHA
- All entries for PC can be compressed with either ZIP, ARJ or RAR
- No self-extracting archives will be allowed
- No other archive-types will be allowed
- All filenames must comply to ISO-9660 8+3 standard. No funny charaters allowed
- All contributions must be able to run from HD and CDROM, except for WiLD?! demos
- Contributions with racial content (incl. anti-racial) will not be accepted
- We will not accept anybody selling anything without our permission
- Alcohol and drugs are not allowed at the party place. If we find any it will be confiscated and not given back
- Intoxicated people will be thrown out or handed over to the police
- We will not accept weapons, spraycans or firework etc
- People who cause damages of any kind will of course have to pay for it
- We take no responsibility for illegal swapping, software, hardware, video etc
- The entrance price is dkk 300
The Party 1997 news
1997-> was the first year that The Party got official sponsors for networking equipment, and in the same run Twisted Pair cabling and hubs/switches was supplied to all tables. The Party also supplied lots of server services from this year forward, hosting IRC, FTP, SMB, Web, etc services.